Commercial litigation involves a dispute between businesses or companies. It covers any dispute resolution claims where there is some sort of corporate involvement.
This could include, but are not limited to:
The range of claims under this listing is vast and the range of damages sought enormous. It is easy to spend a very large sum of money and receive very little and so you will need to approach the dispute from a commercial perspective and consider:
– How much will the dispute cost?
– How much will I recover if I succeed?
– How much will it cost if I lose?
– What are the risks/prospects for success?
– How much of a diversion is this for us?
Commercial disputes are very often settled at Mediation or some other form of Alternative Dispute Resolution simply because it is quicker, cheaper and the parties can agree a settlement which the Court could not order.